Learn more about the value of switching to natural gas. Compare your current consumption to natural gas.
Residential Energy Calculator
Learn more about the savings for conversion to natural gas. Compare your current consumption to natural gas using the calculator below. Helpful Notes for using the Residential Energy Calculator:
- Use the drop down arrow to change your location to Alaska and then another drop down menu will appear and you can choose Fairbanks.
- Uncheck the box marked Use defaults.
- Change the amount under Natural Gas to 20.81 and use the drop down box to change MMBtu to MCF.
- Use your current bill to change the rates for electric, propane, and fuel oil depending on what you use.
- You can change the square footage and occupancy as needed.
- Use the drop down menus to change to accommodate for the equipment you currently use and what you are planning on changing.
The requirements for maintaining a gas furnace/boiler is cheaper than a fuel oil system. The average cost of maintenance for a natural gas system is $200 every 3 years and fuel oil is $200 – $400 every year.