Open until filled
Job: Quality Assurance Inspector
Position type: Seasonal May 1 to Oct 15
Starting salary: $24- $28 per hour depending on experience
The Quality Assurance Inspector position offers the opportunity for the right candidate to play a key role in the achievement of Interior Gas Utility’s (IGU) growth plan. Under the general direction and supervision of the Project Manager, this position is responsible for performing site surveys, ensuring quality installations by contractors and IGU crews, documenting and remedying construction deficiencies.
- Meeting with customers prior to the installation of the gas line to discuss service line route and meter location
- Collecting applicable information from the customers, generating construction drawings and uploading all files in applicable folders
- Maintaining accurate records
- Verifying each installation to ensure that it meets the standards of construction
- Documenting construction deficiencies
- Working with all applicable parties to correct any identified construction deficiencies in a timely matter
- Maintaining a constant focus on operating in a safe working environment.
- Legible handwriting and proficiency with MS Office.
- Must adhere to IGU employment policies.
- Other duties as assigned
- 1 year of similar experience preferred
- Must have a valid driver’s license, CDL Class A license is preferred.
- Required to pass a background check and drug test
- Pass selected initial training and qualification testing
The IGU is a public corporation whose mission is to provide low cost, clean burning, natural gas to the largest number of customers in the FNSB as possible, as soon as possible. IGU has more than 1,400 customers to date and has big plans to expand the customer base in the Fairbanks and North Pole areas beginning this summer.
Please submit a cover letter and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org