Open until filled
Job: Gas Line Locator
Position type: Seasonal May 1 to Oct 15
Starting salary: $24- $28 per hour depending on experience
The gas line locator position will be responsible for responding to line locate requests in the Fairbanks and North Pole area. This employee will also be performing leak detection surveys, line patrol, and assisting distribution operations. Training will be provided, but utility locating knowledge is preferred. At IGU we strive for quality, and you could play a vital role in ensuring the delivery of clean burning energy to Fairbanks.
- Responding to 811 Dig tickets in a timely manner
- Operating a utility line locator and marking the location of existing lines
- Utilizing critical thinking to locate lines where signal is weak or lost
- Reading a map book to be able to find general line location
- Operating a combustible gas detector
- Legible handwriting and familiarity with Microsoft Office and Excel.
- Must adhere to IGU employment policies
- Other duties as assigned
- 1 year of similar experience preferred
- Must have a valid, non-limited minimum Class D (or non-commercial state equivalent) State Driver’s License
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language
- Must be able to maintain an assigned schedule and meet at appointment times
- Required to pass a background check and drug test
- Pass selected initial training and qualification testing
The IGU is a public corporation whose mission is to provide low cost, clean burning, natural gas to the largest number of customers in the FNSB as possible, as soon as possible. IGU has more than 1,400 customers to date and has big plans to expand the customer base in the Fairbanks and North Pole areas beginning this summer.
Please submit a cover letter and a resume to email@example.com