Open until filled
Job: Gas Line Construction Laborer
Position type: Seasonal May 1 to October 15
Starting wage: $22 – $28 per hour depending on experience
The gas line construction laborer will be helping in the installation of over 600 natural gas service lines in the Fairbanks and North Pole area. Laborers will be assisting in locating and exposing live gas mains, installing buried piping for the new service line, and completing the connection to the existing system. This position will include fusion training for HDPE piping, first aid, CPR, and other relevant trade skills. This is an excellent opportunity for anyone looking to gain experience in the pipeline industry!
- Cleaning and preparing construction sites for installation
- Safe loading and unloading of materials and equipment.
- Fusing HDPE piping (training provided)
- Operating and tending machinery and heavy equipment.
- Following instructions from supervisors and implementing construction plans.
- Install gas mains and service lines.
- Ability to read and understand standards of construction and standard operating procedures.
- Be available and physically capable of 60 hr work weeks.
- Assisting installation crews in their duties.
- Must adhere to IGU employment policies.
- Other duties as assigned
- 1 year of similar experience preferred
- Driver’s License, CDL-A preferred, and insurable
- Required to pass a background check and drug screening
- Pass selected initial training and qualification testing
The IGU is a public corporation whose mission is to provide low cost, clean burning, natural gas to the largest number of customers in the FNSB as possible, as soon as possible. IGU has more than 1,400 customers to date and has big plans to expand the customer base in the Fairbanks and North Pole areas beginning this summer.
Please submit a cover letter and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org