Open until filled
Job: Gas Line Excavation Equipment Operator
Position type: Seasonal, May 1 to October 15
Starting salary: $24-$32 per hour, depending on experience
The Gas Line Excavation Equipment Operator position will be responsible for the exposing live gas mains in a safe and responsible manner. Additional responsibilities will include assisting in the installation of service lines and main line extensions, identifying buried utilities and other construction related hazards, monitoring installation practices to ensure quality of workmanship, and verifying safety protocols are followed. Training in gas line functions will be provided, but excavator experience is required.
- Driving and operating trucks and equipment as necessary.
- Following instructions from supervisors and implementing construction plans.
- Operating, cleaning, and servicing equipment and machinery, including assisting with minor repairs and submitting requests for major repairs.
- Performing all duties according to prescribed safety procedures and using appropriate safety equipment.
- Maintaining accurate records and logs.
- Avoiding damage to existing underground facilities.
- Maintaining a constant focus on operating in a safe working environment.
- Install gas main and service lines.
- Basic computer literacy
- Ability to read, understand, and follow standards of construction and standard operating procedures.
- Be available and physically capable of 60 hour work weeks.
- Must adhere to IGU employment policies.
- Other duties as assigned
- 1 year of similar experience preferred
- Must have a valid driver’s license, CDL Class A license is preferred.
- Required to pass a background check and drug screening
- Pass selected initial training and qualification testing
The IGU is a public corporation whose mission is to provide low cost, clean burning, natural gas to the largest number of customers in the FNSB as possible, as soon as possible. IGU has more than 1,400 customers to date and has big plans to expand the customer base in the Fairbanks and North Pole areas beginning this summer.
Please submit a cover letter and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org